Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization
Today I am going to talk a wee bit about Search Engine Optimization.  If you have absolutely no idea what search engine optimization is, join the club.  We can kind of guess that SEO (search engine optimization) has something to with effectively searching the web.  In this post I am going to take a closer look at Google to get a better understanding of SEO and how you can use it.

SEO is “the process of optimizing a website in order to make it easy to find via search engines like Google” (wordstream.com).  By making websites search engine friendly, the traffic on your website can increase by a lot, and increase your success.  Through looking at a few different web sites on SEO I have found a few ways that you may improve your SEO and ranking on Google search engine in particular. 



·         The first one I would like to mention is writing a search engine friendly title for your website.  The title is often what group’s websites in a search engine so having an appropriate solid title is very important. 
·         Not only titles, but adding key words can really help the search engine to categorize and find your website as well.
·         Social sharing can also help your website with SEO.  Sharing on Facebook and Twitter can make the search engine more aware of your website by popularity, and frequency of views.
·         Site mapping is also very effective to increasing awareness of your website, by dropping hints to the search engine about your website. 


I still am not an expert on SEO but if I needed to use it for a website, there are a lot of websites online that I could use to guide me.  These websites help you make your website very accessible, easy to find and become a higher ranking result on Google. 



wordstream.com

4 comments:

  1. You seem to Knowles quite a bit about SEO after researching it... haha okay no but seriously. I like that you included helpful visuals and tips in your post. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the most entertaining and best bog post I have yet to read. I enjoyed the details you gave throughout your post, and also the pictures as Kelsey said above. Thank you for all the information regarding the depths an SEO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, first of all- props for once again incorporating Beyonce into your post. What a great supplement and addition.
    Secondly, I like that you talked about things that help improve the SEO ranking. It's important to note that the results do not only come from the page titles. And I liked that you mentioned the important role that social media can play.
    Way to go. You're a social media guru.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, love B!

    -Jessi Gambino

    ReplyDelete